Funding to be provided for housing adaption in Sligo & Leitrim

Sligo and Leitrim are to get €345,000 to improve housing for older people and for those with disabilities.

Grants schemes under which the money comes are administered by the county councils in each county and can meet up to 90% of costs, with the local authority providing the remaining 10%.

Minister of State Frank Feighan outlines how much money each county will be getting and what kind of works can be done.