A special flood fund has been activated for uninsured businesses that were affected by Storm Lorenzo in Donegal Town.
The Minister for Education and Skills Joe McHugh has confirmed the new fund.
The emergency response will offer a one-off payment of up to €20,000 for a business that does not have insurance and was hit by the floods last Friday morning.
A separate emergency fund is in place for homeowners who were hit by the floods in Donegal Town last week. This fund will be operated through Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection.
Local Fine Gael Councillor, Barry Sweeney, is welcoming the news but says a long term solution is needed.
Speaking to OceanFM News, Cllr. Sweeney says some works will be carried out in the very near future.