Gabriel McSharry, Clinical Nutritionist, joined Francie to chat about foods and nutrition for a robust immune system and what foods are good for the immune system.
It’s all thanks to Sligo Leader Partnership and Healthy Ireland.
The Healthy Ireland Fund supported by the Department of Health and the Department of Children and Youth Affairs.
To contact Gabriel visit www.consultantnutritionist.com
Curried Coconut Chicken
1 chicken breast half with 1/4 cup preserves: 571 calories, 21g fat (14g saturated fat), 117mg cholesterol, 383mg sodium, 63g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 2g fiber), 36g protein
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup apricot preserves, warmed
- Place butter in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the coconut and curry powder. Dip chicken in butter, then coat with coconut mixture.
- Place in a greased 13×9-in. baking dish; sprinkle with salt. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Serve with preserves