Fundraising & Events Coordinator
Job Title Fundraising & Events Coordinator (1 year Fixed-Term contract)
Location of Post North West Hospice, Sligo
Details of Service North West Hospice provides specialist palliative care with compassion for those living with life limiting illness in our community. We provide a full range of consultant led specialist palliative care services for Sligo, Leitrim, South Donegal and West Cavan. We are a registered charity and need to fundraise in excess of €1 million each year to provide our service.
For further information see www.northwesthospice.ie
Reporting to Hospice Manager
Purpose of Post To coordinate fundraising and events for North West Hospice
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- To coordinate North West Hospice fundraising and support all voluntary fundraising, events and supporters
- To help provide and maintain an efficient administration service in the fundraising department as part of a team.
- To adhere to and be informed about all relevant fundraising guidelines and best practice.
- To work within agreed policies of North West Hospice.
Eligibility Criteria Qualification and /or Experience
- Professional qualification in relevant discipline or equivalent experience in a community or income generation role.
- Experience of leading and managing projects/ campaigns.
- Experience of motivating and coordinating people and events.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Competent computer and office management skills
- Candidates must have the requisite knowledge and ability (including a high standard of suitability and coordination ability) for effective performance in this job.
Essential Skills Competencies Candidates should demonstrate:
- Ability to work in a challenging environment in a professional manner sensitive to needs of the organisation.
- Ability to lead projects and campaigns and multi-task in a busy working environment.
- Effective decision making and ability to prioritise tasks.
- Ability to work alongside and motivate supporters and volunteers.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Awareness and appreciation of service user circumstances and the ability to empathise with and treat others with dignity and respect.
- Fully aware of best practice for charities and fundraising guidelines.
- Flexibility, adaptability and openness to change.
- Ability to deliver presentations to a wide range of audiences.
- Knowledge of and interest in local communities.
- Ability to use Microsoft office and other software packages effectively.
- Appropriate IT, Social media and administration skills.
- Full Drivers Licence.
Competition Specific Selection Process
Shortlisting will be carried out on the basis of information supplied in your cover letter/ CV. The criteria for short listing are based on the requirements of the post as outlined in the job specification. Therefore,
it is very important that you think about your experience in light of those requirements Failure to include information regarding these requirements may result in you not being called forward to the next stage of the selection process. This job description is a guide to the general range of duties assigned to the post holder. It is intended to be neither definitive nor restrictive and is subject to periodic review with the employee concerned. Enquiries & Request for Job Descriptions to: A detailed Job Specification is available to download from our website www.northwesthospice.ie/vacancies Informal enquiries should be directed to: Nuala Ginnelly, North West Hospice Manager, by phone (071) 9170523/ (087) 4187443. To apply, please forward a CV and detailed cover letter to Nuala Ginnelly by email to: email@example.com Closing date for applications is Monday 18th February at 17.00hrs