Drumcliffe native Nicole Fowley will make her Six Nations debut for Ireland this Friday in the opening match of the 2019 women’s Six Nations championship against England at Energia Park in Dublin.
Fowley’s strong kicking game sees her get the nod at outfhalf (No 10) after winning her first three caps at centre in 2016. She is one of two Sligowomen on the starting fifteen with Riverstown’s Aoife McDermott named in the second row.
Donegal’s Laura Feely is also selected for Friday’s game. The Ballybofey native, who was a Championship newcomer last year, will make her first start at loosehead prop,
There are six personnel changes and two positional switches to the side that lost 37-15 to England at Twickenham in November.
Friday’s game kicks-off at 5pm and will be televised live on RTE2.
The Ireland women’s team to play England:
15. Lauren Delany (Firwood Waterloo Ladies/IQ Rugby)
14. Eimear Considine (UL Bohemians/Munster)
13. Sene Naoupu (Old Belvedere/Leinster)
12. Michelle Claffey (Blackrock/Leinster)
11. Megan Williams (Old Belvedere/Leinster)
10. Nicole Fowley (Galwegians/Connacht)
9. Ailsa Hughes (Railway Union/Leinster)
1. Laura Feely (Galwegians/Connacht)
2. Leah Lyons (Harlequins)
3. Fiona Reidy (UL Bohemians/Munster)
4. Aoife McDermott (Railway Union/Leinster)
5. Nichola Fryday (Galwegians/Connacht)
6. Juliet Short (Railway Union/Leinster)
7. Claire Molloy (Wasps)
8. Ciara Griffin (UL Bohemians/Munster) (capt)