Sligo Chief Fire Officer calls for caution this Halloween

A chief fire officer in the region has appealed to people to exercise caution this Halloween while using fireworks and lighting bonfires.

Sligo Chief Fire Officer Gerry O’Malley warns that fireworks are mini-explosives that can cause life-changing injuries.

And he says bonfires not only result in costly clean-ups for the local authority but also affect the environment and people’s health.

He says ‘caution’ must be the key word this Halloween.