Sligo boss Niall Carew has named the same fifteen that started in New York on the weekend before last for Sunday’s Connacht Championship quarter-final against Mayo.
That means that Pat Hughes, Brendan Egan, Mark Breheny, Keelan Cawley and Adrian McIntyre are all listed to start despite picking up knocks in the game at Gaelic Park.
Carew is likely to finalise his team closer to the time, with Niall Murphy hoping to have some involvement having sat out the New York game with a hamstring injury.
Kevin McDonnell and Gerard O’Kelly-Lynch are also set to come back into the panel having missed the trip to New York because of exams.
McDonnell plays with the Castleconnor club that borders Sligo and Mayo, and he says the side are aiming to atone for 2015’s heavy defeat to their neighbours…
The Sligo team named is:
- Aidan Devaney (Calry/St.Joseph’s)
- Ross Donavan (Eastern Harps)
- Charlie Harrison (St.John’s)
- Eoin McHugh (St.Molaise Gaels)
- Keelan Cawley (Coolera Standhill)
- Brendan Egan (St.Vincent’s)
- John Kelly (Tourlestrane)
- Paddy O’Connor (St.Farnan’s)
- Adrian McIntyre (Tourlestrane)
- Neil Ewing (Drumcliffe Rosses Point)
- Mark Breheny (St.Mary’s)
12 Kyle Cawley (St.Mary’s)
- Stephen Coen (St.Mary’s)
14 . Pat Hughes (Geevagh)
15 Adrian Marren (Curry)
Mayo have also named their team for Sunday’s game.
Aidan O’Shea is not in the starting 15 as manager Stephen Rochford hands out just one debut with 2016 All Ireland U21 winner Fergal Boland starting in the half forwards.
Having missed most of last season through injury, fit again Ger Cafferkey returns at full back.
In total there are five changes to the team which started the 2016 All Ireland final replay defeat, with David Clarke, Chris Barrett, Cafferkey, Boland and Conor O’Shea replacing Robbie Hennelly, Brendan Harrison, Donal Vaughan, Aidan O’Shea and Jason Doherty.
The team is
- David Clarke (Ballina Stephenites)
- Chris Barrett (Belmulet)
- Ger Cafferkey (Ballina Stephenites)
- Keith Higgins (Ballyhaunis)
- Colm Boyle (Davitts)
- Lee Keegan (Westport)
- Patrick Durcan (Castlebar Mitchels)
- Seamus O’Shea (Breaffy)
- Tom Parsons (Charlestown)
- Fergal Boland (Aghamore)
- Diarmuid O’Connor (Ballintubber)
- Conor O’Shea (Breaffy)
- Kevin McLoughlin (Knockmore)
- Cillian O’Connor (Ballintubber, captain)
- Andy Moran (Ballaghaderreen)
Mayo boss Stephen Rochford says that the 2015 final has not affected his side’s preparations in anyway…
Here’s Mayo captain Killian O’Connor on preparations…
Sunday’s game is live on Ocean FM in association with Quinn Fix Garage & Car Sales in Carraroe.